Your First Chiropractic Visit - What to Expect
Many new patients comment on how peaceful, airy and comfortable the office is. Dr. Serbinski hopes that you will feel welcomed and at ease.
Please bring with you:
- any recent special imaging and reports relevant to your presenting concern (if any)
- comfortable clothing that you can move well in for your chiropractic examination
- if you wish to save time at the office, you may fill in the initial paperwork at home (see right)
What to expect on your first chiropractic visit:
Your first visit will take approximately 1 hour as it sets the foundation for your care. During this visit, Dr. Serbinski will gather information to understand your concerns such that she can recommend the best approach to care for your unique situation. This visit will consist of...
- a detailed health history
- Dr. Serbinski will ask you questions about your presenting concerns as well as overall health.
- a comprehensive physical examination
- Dr. Serbinski will examine the area of concern and potential related structures (the physical examination is likely to include a posture assessment, range of motion testing, orthopaedic testing, neurological testing and specific muscle and joint challenge).
- report of findings
- At this time, Dr. Serbinski will discuss your examination findings, diagnosis, prognosis, recommended treatment and treatment frequency and provide you with recommendations to accelerate your body’s healing ability. You will have the opportunity to ask any questions.
- first treatment
- Only after your consent will your first treatment proceed. If there is any aspect of care that you do not feel comfortable with, Dr. Serbinski is happy to offer alternatives. She offers a variety of manual techniques (including adjustment, gentle joint mobilization and soft tissue work) and physical modalities (such as light therapy, electrical stimulation and acupuncture). Learn more about Dr. Serbinski’s chiropractic services or read the FAQs.
X-rays are generally not required as a prerequisite to care but will be recommended in certain circumstances. In this case, you will be referred directly to a nearby lab (within 5 min walking distance from Dr. Serbinski’s office).
Subsequent Chiropractic Visits
Subsequent chiropractic treatment visits typically last about 20 minutes or longer depending on the nature of the problem. Dr. Serbinski will monitor your progress each visit and do periodic progress examinations to measure outcomes objectively.
Still not sure is chiropractic is right for you? Schedule a Complimentary Consultation.